"Success is not measured by what you accomplish but the opposition you have encountered and the courage
with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds."

Orison Swett Marden



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Andy Cat

May 5th. A special day for me to remember. My cat, who was my dearest companion for almost 21 years was born on this date in 1985. I had gotten him from a friend and I was so excited when I heard the kittens had been born. After he died on February 15, 2006, I found solace in making a scrapbook/memory album. I started with an 8x8 book, thinking that would be big enough, but I didn't realize how many pictures there were--I ended up doing a second book! And when he died I got so many nice emails and cards from friends, so I included them in the book too. Sometimes it was hard, as I would sit and cry over my loss, but I really found it most healing. I got to relive our life together and see again how a part of my life he was. It was such a trip down memory lane as I was only 21 when he came to live with me and in my 40-somethings when he died. And now I have a beautiful keepsake that I can look to anytime I want to bask in the memory of my Andy. Here are just a couple of pics.

Andy kisses


He liked to sit up on this ledge


My 1993 Christmas pic--one of my favorites


2005


2006


Never underestimate the power of a pet.


*********

I'm off for a few days now, taking a little time for myself. I am going on my "first ever" scrapbooking retreat. I have been looking forward to it for quite a while. With my current health issues I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to go but I'm going to try it. Hopefully, once I get there I will relax and have fun. My craft room at home has been a disaster for so long so it's been a while since I've been able to scrap so it will be nice to work on my books again.

1 comment: